Friday, May 27, 2011

Project Spectrum FO 1

Disclaimer: this post includes capitals, as LiveLoveYarn has been reading too many English blogs lately.
When I "signed up" for PS I knew May would be the least organized of the whole project. I had finals the first and second week and I oral surgery the second week. Think you can forgive me for not posting? Well in effort to make up for I will be blogging every day (starting today) until the end of May. A blog-a-thon, if you will. Just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been a Little Miss Busy Fingers. So May. Red. Daunting, haunting, classically beautiful red. Did you know I have not one skein of red yarn in my stash? Not even any acrylic from the Early Days when I grabbed Any Yarn in Sight. Then I thought; why? Why no red? Then I had a little peek through my wardrobe and there was not a red article in sight. I like red as much as the next girl- so why don't I own anything red? I think, maybe, I was a little scared of the color. I decided the best way to overcome that was to start small. Like say...a necklace.


I think I'm in love with this necklace. I have never worked with size 10 thread before and man is it Teeny Tiny. The pattern is the Lace and Pearls Necklace from Crochet Today April/May 2010. I decided to forgo the beads and (clearly) change the color.  I followed the pattern exactly (cough, foronce, cough). The result is  Just Lovely, and I am very proud of my little peice of crochet-wearable-art.

No comments:

Post a Comment