Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bringing May Flowers

Well the rain as finally (almost) subsided here, though it was a little drizzly and awfully grey this morning. At the first glimpse of sunshine I grabbed my camera and ran outside for a morning stroll. Like I said, I love rain but I admit I was going a little stir crazy. I love sweats and tea but a girl can only last so long before the vitamin D deficiency starts going to her head. But let me tell you, the moment I walked outside (for the first time in four days) I knew it was all well worth it.



It was almost as if overnight everything had come alive! My little world was all of a sudden so lush! Some of the flower bushes in my neighborhood looked like they were actually exploding with blossoms.




The birds were singing such a beautiful song. The air was brisk from all the rain. It was so delightful. Yards were overtaken by dandelions. Wild patches of grass had sprung up, making our yard look a bit more like a jungle than a yard...


 But either way, I am so very grateful for our wet spell. I got some much needed couch time to decompress from this semester and the result was a wonderful, lush, fresh world all around me!



 Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment