Saturday, August 4, 2012

Heritage Days on the Coastline

Blue skies, fun rides

Today my family and I spent the day in Scituate for Heritage Days. We had such a nice afternoon I couldn't help but sharing :) I'm not really very sure why it's called Heritage Days, there wasn't a whole lot of history or heritage going on that I saw, but that doesn't mean it wasn't awesome. It mostly consisted of awesome vendors, food trucks, rides, and live music. There were some great booths with handmade goods, others just some cool stuff. There was a lot of great jewelry to look at.Though some of the vendors were a little weary of us touching their wares, some were just fine with it and those are the ones we purchased from! It's funny, I always find that the artisans are eager for you to handle their goods while other vendors seem less eager for you to do so.

 My mother got me the amazing bracelet above as a congratulatory pressie cuz, guess what- I GOT THE JOB. I start my new position at the library on Monday, and  I am thrilled. The bracelet is made of cracker jack prizes! This vendor had some beautiful vintage button jewelry but I couldn't pass up this colorful, nostalgic creation. Also, I've really been diggin on toys lately but more on that later. She was so funny, she told us that when she got the brush (when she was little!) she tried to brush her own hair with it, to which my Mom chimed in that she used to brush her dolly's hair with hers!

Of course, their was also amazing food and because my family and I have no shame here are some humbling photos of us enjoying our selective treats. I had an amazing. Phenomenal. Other-worldly pulled pork sandwich. The vendor-lady was literally pullin it off the grill when I stepped up, how was I supposed to say no? It was MONDO. It was smoky, sweet, with just a little kick. So good.


My mom went with a traditional fried dough ;) And then got a little funky to the live music.



She might just kill me if she knew I showed you this, but then again she's a lot like me- in that she doesn't take her self to seriously

We also popped in a little music shop boasting ukuleles galore and they did not disappoint. I started playing last summer, very little. I have a cheap little Mahalo that I strum every now and then (my nails are too long right now and I am rather enjoying having pretty nails for the first time....ever, so I will enjoy them over the uke a little longer). The shop owner was pretty proud of her selection, as she should be, and let me snap a quick pic of all the gorgeous little four stringed loves.


And, oh yeah, did I mention that we were right on the coastline and the weather was gorgeous and although it was hot the salty sea breeze was so heavenly? So Heavenly.


That's my lil bro. I can never get an authentic smile out of him, so this = gold.

Until next time, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment