Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Icing On the Cake

I recently completed my first ever sweater project! The pattern is Iced from Knitty First Fall 2010. I have been trying to conquer my fear of sweaters and just knit one already. I wanted something simple and comfy. This definitely fit the bill. I knit it in Patons Shetland Chunky (rav link) and I knit the 38.5" bust size. So, without further adieu.
I enjoyed knitting my first sweater because it was a little bit challenging, but comfortable enough that I was able to have fun learning the construction. It is very over sized and the large gauge makes it a little airy. Also it's heavy and it droops a little in the front.

That being said, its so comfy and it was great first sweater pattern. I do love the shawl collar and the fact that I made it long enough to wear with leggings. Even though I will probably not be knitting such over sized, large gauge sweaters in the future I will cherish and wear this sweater. Because, hey, for a first sweater it ain't too shabby if I do say so myself.

These gorgeous photos were taken at Lost Acres apple orchard in Connecticut. If you're up that way next fall, stop by. We were late in the season but they were honest and told us they were mostly picked out but for a few apples on the trees that were (previously) not for the public. Also, they have a little kitchen that serves coffee, cider, pie, apple dumplings, apple donuts, and even soup! Andrew took these pics (he's such a trooper) and I think he did a great job!

Now I'm off to finish my second sweater project!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment