Thursday, December 2, 2010

For Lack of a Better Title...

Well I did it. I got myself a digital SLR camera. I can't believe it! There was a great black friday sale on the Canon EOS Rebel XS, and I could ignore the urge no longer. Also, ironically, my ol' point and shoot died Thanksgiving morning. It was a big spend and I am still (kind of) in shock, but from what I have seen it do so far I know I will not regret this purchase. It's just matter of patience and time, and learning how to really use those bad boy. So as I was playing around with my new toy I realized I had two FO's I could show you!
So first is the Everyday Cardi by Robyn Chachula from Crochet Today Sept/Oct 2010. I used about twelve balls of Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Navy to complete this cardigan. This was gift for my mom on her birthday. She was apparently thumbing through my magazine and she liked this one so much she wrote "Mommy likes this one!" right on the page. She didn't know, but I got the hint.
She wanted me to get a picture of the "special stitching". My mom crochets a little. Towel toppers, granny squares mainly. So I liked crocheting a sweater for her because its a craft she can relate to. This is a top-down cardigan so it was relatively simple but still interesting. Having never crocheted a sweater before I found it intriguing, though it got very heavy towards the end. I made an odd size. My swatch was too on a J hook, but the size I was crocheting was 36" and she likes her clothes not too clingy. So I crocheted the yoke with the J and then used an I for the rest of the cardigan. I like how it worked out and she loves the fit. Here's a shot of the back and a better shot of the "special stitching".
I like this photo a lot. So that's Mom's cardi. She has already worn it about four times since I gave it to her on Tuesday night. I also attempted to take some better photos the Southbay Shawlette like I promised.
The second one more accurately portrays the color, but the first one was so pretty I couldn't help myself. Now, understand that it was perfectly mild all day and as soon as I went out to take photos it became so windy. Such is life. So there you have it. I've been thinking lately that the content on my blog might be a little boring/redundant so I am going to try to switch it up a little.  Shouldn't be too hard now that I have an amazing camera to inspire posts. I'd also like to learn how to edit HTML a little. Any suggestions? What you like to read about?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, its me. Yeah so I don't know how this thing actually works but I just wanted to say that I think your blog is adorable and you're kind of starting to convince me to start one! :) Also I absolutely love your Mom's cardi! It's so cute and I can't believe you crocheted that! Oh and your photos are beautiful, I especially love the one of your shawl on the chair. It looks like it's right out of a magazine!
    Love yya girlie!

    :) Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete