Friday, October 21, 2011

FO Friday: Cabled Fingerless Mitts

Is it Friday all ready? Yes! Today I have a finished object to share with you and they are cabled fingerless mitts!



It is starting to cool off in good ol' New England and my hands are always the first thing to feel the chill. Every year I scour Ravelry for fingerless mitt patterns, but for some reason I always talk myself out of making them! Which is a shame, because my hands get really cold. These were great though- the cables kept them very interesting and the construction is really smart. Also, they are nice and stretchy which is important for a good pair of mitts.


These took a whole two days to make. Phew! Talk about commitment, eh? Really though. I finished one in a sitting and the next day I sat down and cranked out another one. This pattern was pretty easy, though I would say it does require some crochet knowledge. It was my first go at crocheted cables and I really liked how they turned out.



 Cabled Fingerless Mitts
Pattern: Cabled Mitts, Crochet Today! Nov/Dec 2010
Yarn: Knit Picks Elegance in Ash, 1 skein
Hook: size E
Mods: I went down a "yarn size" (from worsted to DK) and down a few hook sizes to an E because I have very small hands. I also added one row of sc blo before seaming up.
You can pop on over here to see my Ravlery Project Page if you would like.



So Happy Friday, everyone! Tonight Andrew and I will be on our way to Connecticut for the weekend to visit some good friends. My friend Sue and I will also be going to STICHES east! Yes, that's right....remember my yarn diet? I did it! I went four months without buying yarn, patterns, and needles. Needless to say I think it will be a fun weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment