Monday, March 8, 2010

And so it begins....

I cast on for Aestlight yesterday morning. I am so happy, relieved, and excited to finally be knittting this after almost a month of planning to knit it. It is worked in a traditional shetland method (from the point up) and in three peices. I'm sure that's all I can say without breaking copyright. But you can find more info on this page of Gudrun Johnston's blog. So as of yesterday morning, about five minutes into my knitting of the shawl here is where I was.


Thus is the huble beginnings of my very own Aestlight Shawl. I actually really like this photo. It was taken at Andrews and those wooden floors are in his living room. I think this picture really shows the beauty of their floors. And of course, the beauty of that Malabrigo. Which is so beautiful and lovely to knit with I must say.
So, in case you forgot I am attempting to knit this shawl in one week. Sunday to Sunday, minus Saturday (I'm working a double). Now this may not be anything big for all you accomplished knitters out there but I have personally not knit anything inside a week besides, maybe, a hat. So yesterday I knit like a madwoman. In the car on the way to Grammie's, while playing UpWords at Grammie's, on the car ride home from Grammie's, at Barnes and Noble while Andrew tried -unsuccesfully- to pick out a new series for himself, (If anyone knows of a good sci-fi or fantasy series hit me up!) , and during the previews at the movies. Like I said. A madwoman. But the good news is now I am almost done with the body of the shawl!
And apparently I'm not the only one who is enjoying this shawl.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment